Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Ashling Murphy murder trial...

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Ashling Murphy murder trial...

Post by Del.Monte »

Listening to the reporting of this trial is really hard going and the defense case today that the accused was trying to stop the victim from bleeding to death when two female joggers appeared on the scene has to be one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard in a court case. The accused already confessed to the crime, his DNA found under the victims fingernails, his bike at the scene, the two witnesses saw him struggling with the victim ....If he had a shred of remorse he should plead guilty and spare the victim's family and friends further heartbreak. When this farce ends he should be jailed for life i.e until he dies in prison.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Re: Ashling Murphy murder trial...

Post by isha »

It's so hard for her loved ones to go through all of this now after their cruel loss. As someone who didn't know her I still find it difficult to read the full way through the reports. I hate him for having taken Aisling's life, I just do.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:28 pm It's so hard for her loved ones to go through all of this now after their cruel loss. As someone who didn't know her I still find it difficult to read the full way through the reports. I hate him for having taken Aisling's life, I just do.
I agree Isha.

I was told at the time of the Sligo murders “why do you have so much hate, you don’t know the men ?!”

I stand by that - I hope that killer never knows a day’s peace and this monster too.

That poor kid only wanted to do good, teaching is a hard profession these days with all the pressures on numbers etc - and all her potential gone at the hands of a very evil man. I hate him.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
the dunne
Verified Username

Post by the dunne »

I would gladly do time if I managed to get my hands on this man.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I had to stop reading about it. It's like a horror. I don't know why newspapers etc have to put disturbing details in their headlines - it used to not be that way.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Can't get over them two women who seen her struggling and fighting for her life and just ran off to get help rather than intervene

I couldn't live with myself,if I'd done that....he's only an average sized scut,they'd have over powered him between em, possibly been injured,but what good is life,if your not helping someone
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Setanta wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:25 pm Can't get over them two women who seen her struggling and fighting for her life and just ran off to get help rather than intervene

I couldn't live with myself,if I'd done that....he's only an average sized scut,they'd have over powered him between em, possibly been injured,but what good is life,if your not helping someone
I'd imagine once they found out that Ashling had been murdered, they probably berate themselves every day since for not doing more, but they can't be blamed, they done their best and unfortunately neither had their phones with them to immediately call for help or even start filming him. Them physically attacking him could have led to even more tragedy with the
bastard having a knife.
None of us no for sure exactly how we'd react when faced with a similar situation.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Scarey fekking thing is his excuse may introduce enough doubt to walk away from court a free man. His " I was trying to help defence" explains why there is dna evidence under her fingernails. Personally I cant understand why this case took so long to get to court. I hope justice is served and the bastard gets his just deserts, as cctv footage apparently shows him stalking other women which blows his excuse out of the water.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

kadman wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:59 pm Scarey fekking thing is his excuse may introduce enough doubt to walk away from court a free man. His " I was trying to help defence" explains why there is dna evidence under her fingernails. Personally I cant understand why this case took so long to get to court. I hope justice is served and the bastard gets his just deserts, as cctv footage apparently shows him stalking other women which blows his excuse out of the water.
And the fact that he done a runner to Dublin instead of going to the Gardaí if he was innocent.
I was working near where Ashlings buried and a local lady told me he initially claimed self defence and that Ashling had been the instigator and was the one who attacked him!
I wonder will that come out in the trial.
What really bugs me is his barristers continued suggestion that his client was trying to help her. I know he's only doing his job but anyone can see it's total made up bollocks. Her poor parents having to endure that shite.
Last edited by Apelles on Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

They should bring back hanging for bastards like this but instead he will probably do 10 years max and be out again to re-offend. Not only should he get at least 25 years but he should then be deported to whatever hole he crawled out of.
'no more blah blah blah'
the dunne
Verified Username

Post by the dunne »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:17 pm They should bring back hanging for bastards like this but instead he will probably do 10 years max and be out again to re-offend. Not only should he get at least 25 years but he should then be deported to whatever hole he crawled out of.
again this is very keyboard warrior-ish of me, but if he ever gets out alive, and I am in any way physically capable, I'd feck him up.

*edit* I initially said the other "f" word. The autocorrect made it sound a little funnier than I intended.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Just heard RTE news describe him as a Mucklagh man. He is not, he is a murdering bastard foreign national.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Setanta wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:25 pm Can't get over them two women who seen her struggling and fighting for her life and just ran off to get help rather than intervene

You can live with yourself supporting Hamas carrying out a massacre though, so I wouldn't be so self back slapping.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

As above I'm revolted by this crime.

But now I am becoming disturbed by the media reporting - a few days ago the Independent headline announced how hard Aisling was seen to be kicking as she died and today they have a headline about how her Fitbit tracked her heartbeat up to the attack. This is sensationalism. It's cruel to her loved ones. Just write as a headline something generic that indicates the subject matter of the article without this awful depicting of suffering.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Lying bastard has been found guilty - the only wonder is that it took the jury so long. Rot in hell.

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/co ... y-teacher/
'no more blah blah blah'
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

"As the jury left the courtroom, there was loud applause from the Murphy family and from many others in court. Mrs Murphy held up her daughter’s photo to the jurors, some of whom were in tears."
💔😭
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

What a scumbag. Hopefully he gets a life sentence.

The family have thanked the Gardai for their hard work. That won't go down well with the ACAB lefties on Twitter.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This statement by Aisling's boyfriend Ryan is beyond harrowing.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/i-s ... 27652.html

And the mother told how before Aisling went on her run, she had begged her not to go by the canal. It's just devastating. This is the subterranean primeval fear in mothers which a younger generation often shrugs off as backward. I should be able to go where I want, says the young person. Life is not that simple, fears the parent.

Anyone who comes here and as much as looks crooked at anyone else, woman, child, man, should be immediately sent away. Anyone who comes here who has a record of violent crime should not be allowed to stay. I don't care what anyone looks like who comes here, the colour of skin is genuinely irrelevant to me, but if you have any record of being abusive or violent or if you adhere to any ideology that views females as lesser than males, just begone. Begone.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

The Journal have selectively reported on the victim impact statements but have turned off the comments as they don't want any criticism of Puska. The trial is over and he has been sentenced so no excuse for restricting comments.
Beatty

Post by Beatty »

isha wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:44 am As above I'm revolted by this crime.

But now I am becoming disturbed by the media reporting - a few days ago the Independent headline announced how hard Aisling was seen to be kicking as she died and today they have a headline about how her Fitbit tracked her heartbeat up to the attack. This is sensationalism. It's cruel to her loved ones. Just write as a headline something generic that indicates the subject matter of the article without this awful depicting of suffering.
It's disgusting unnecessary click bait style reporting
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Worse still some of our quisling classes were having a go at the Ryan Casey the boyfriend of murdered Ashling Murphy when he asked the following:
How can someone come to his country, get social housing, social welfare, not hold down a job of any description and never contribute to society for 10 years?".

"This country is simply not safe anymore. I'm afraid our country is heading down a very dangerous path..
"
And some pr***s are having a go at him because he dares ask a very valid question about what we have let Ireland become.
A ticking time bomb of the world's ar**holes it would appear.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

It's baffling to see people get bothered by words on the internet expressing concern about who gets to live here (when there are enough scumbags here) in the face of a young woman being stabbed to death for no reason. It's just heartless to me. But that's how slaves to ideology become.
Last edited by Fugue on Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

An aside: the walkway Ashling was running on before she was murdered is called Fiona's Way - named after missing woman Fiona Pender (who was likely also murdered). How fecking poignant is that...
Beatty

Post by Beatty »

https://x.com/griptmedia/status/1730574 ... 17331?s=20

Irish times journalist kitty Holland says victim impact statement is hate speech.
Last edited by Beatty on Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

It's at times like this I really hope there is such a thing as karma.

That fooking clown is what is wrong with this country.