Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Israel and Palestine

The burning issues of the day
Setanta

Re: Israel and Palestine

Post by Setanta »

knownunknown wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 pm We’re building tents here in Ireland for people too. The nazis didn’t build tents, they built gas chambers. There is no genocide, the population of Palestine is growing.

The Israelis are trying to destroy the terrorist organisation Hamas that has embedded itself within the population, shooting rockets from within homes with women and children. How do you fight against this so the hostages are returned?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/03 ... ts-dublin/
We’re building tents here in Ireland for people too
And this is wrong too....but Ireland isn't operating an apartheid regime bent on wiping out a civilian population (despite the awlful rethoric against travellers here,any attempt to extreminate them would be met with protests)
There is no genocide,
Except of course,there is....what happened to the cultural,historical parts of Gaza, which Israel intentionally destroyed and is this an essential component of genocide and attempting to erode identity and history of a group?

The Israelis are trying to destroy the terrorist organisation Hamas that has embedded itself within the population
And they've failed utterly to do som...leaving hamas with a population of two million who've been brutalised,tortured,degraded and nothing left to lose,to recruit from....isn't it now 50,000 or so kids left orpaned there,most with no known living relatives?

How do you fight against this so the hostages are returned?
You don't you negotiate and begin to release,the 12,000 or so hostages Israel has taken since conflict began.....is it true,the most success Israel has had at getting back hostages this far has been during negociated truces??.....if so,why not continue these negociations?
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

Cowards die every day, brave men die once
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Setanta wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 am

You don't you negotiate and begin to release,the 12,000 or so hostages Israel has taken since conflict began.....
Prisoners of war and hostages are two gravely different things and this is the type of propaganda I’m talking about. Just a drop in the ocean.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm Prisoners of war and hostages are two gravely different things and this is the type of propaganda I’m talking about. Just a drop in the ocean.
Prisoners of war and hostages
What war is going on in the west bank,where Israel have kidnapped thousands from since October?

Is it three or four thousand they haven't even bothered to bring charges against?
In what way is this functionally different to what hamas done?
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Setanta wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 pm What war is going on in the west bank,where Israel have kidnapped thousands from since October?

Is it three or four thousand they haven't even bothered to bring charges against?
In what way is this functionally different to what hamas done?
This sort of thing has happened in every war in history. They weren’t at war before oct 7 when Hamas savagely murdered so many people and took hostages, it would be over two thousand equating it to Irish population.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 pm This sort of thing has happened in every war in history. They weren’t at war before oct 7 when Hamas savagely murdered so many people and took hostages, it would be over two thousand equating it to Irish population.
This sort of thing has happened in every war in history.
What war in recent history involved large scale hostage taking??, particularly away from any combat arena
would be over two thousand equating it to Irish population.
Aye,and Israel campaign of slaughter (excluding it's kidnappings) would be 125,000 in Irish population....kinda hard to believe the left would cheerlead and justify such slaughter

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich declared:
We must obliterate Rafah, Deir al-Balah, and Nuseirat.
The memory of the Amalekites must be erased.
No partial destruction will suffice; only absolute and complete devastation.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir on X:
○ I just finished a meeting with the Prime Minister at my request where I warned him not to cancel a Rafah operation, or end the war, or agree to a deal.

○ The Prime Minister heard my words and promised that Israel would enter Rafah and continue the war and that there would be no conciliatory deal.

○ I welcome these decisions and I think the Prime Minister understands very well what the consequences will be if these things do not take place.
○ According to a senior western official, Israel is setting up checkpoints to prevent “military age” men from fleeing Rafah. The news comes as the Israeli military prepares for an attack on the southernmost city in Gaza.

○ The gender-based checkpoints will aim at separating men from their families while trying to evacuate, leaving them trapped in the city.

○ The report also reveals that Israel is moving forward with plans for an offensive on the city where over one million Palestinians are sheltering.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PureIsle wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:44 pm Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir on X:

○ According to a senior western official, Israel is setting up checkpoints to prevent “military age” men from fleeing Rafah. The news comes as the Israeli military prepares for an attack on the southernmost city in Gaza.

○ The gender-based checkpoints will aim at separating men from their families while trying to evacuate, leaving them trapped in the city.

○ The report also reveals that Israel is moving forward with plans for an offensive on the city where over one million Palestinians are sheltering.
Another Srebrenica they are setting up,the same will happen again,leftists will look on,rub their hands and do feck all

Hiding behind claims of wanting to rescue hostages,while preparing to liquidate rafah says to me, Israel is by far a worse regime than hamas

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

This link will survive for two days only ... free storage.

Netanyahu shares his opinion of the ICC and how moral the IDF is, and how Israel are really helping the Palestinians to survive by allowing aid to enter. Of course he also falls back on the favourite 'anti-semitic' cry and how the only Jewish state is under fire.
I suppose some will believe him.

He is also reported to have said

Israel will carry out an operation in Rafah regardless of the deal with Hamas

It is also reported that

the US Congress threatens ICC over investigation into Israel
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Here’s what happened when Palestinians protested against Hamas.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/3/1 ... n-protests. -2019

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Ga ... c_protests -2023. The Palestinians said it was Hamas’ fault. The ones unable to vote out the murderous political party that is leading them to their demise.
Hamas authorities launched an arrest campaign after the outbreak of protests, including raiding the Mohammed Yousef El-Najar Hospital to arrest injured protestors.
In response, Hamas blamed the blockade of Gaza for the poor economic conditions and claimed that the protests were organized by collaborators with Israel. But Gazan protestors blamed Hamas for poor governance and expressed angers that Hamas leaders such as Ismail Haniyeh lived outside Gaza
A narrative all the idiots of this world are now repeating.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

knownunknown wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:48 am Here’s what happened when Palestinians protested against Hamas.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/3/1 ... n-protests. -2019

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Ga ... c_protests -2023. The Palestinians said it was Hamas’ fault. The ones unable to vote out the murderous political party that is leading them to their demise.

A narrative all the idiots of this world are now repeating.
What happened when palestinians in Gaza protested during the great march of return on Fridays of 2018 and 2019?

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

It is self defence I tell ya!
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Netanyahu said in a meeting with Blinken that he would not abandon the IDF operation in Rafah - the Times of Israel reported.

Earlier in the day, the Israeli prime minister said the operation in southern Gaza would go ahead regardless a deal being reached to free the hostages!

The IDF plans to send troops into Rafah, on the border with Egypt, allegedly to crush Hamas. There are more than 1.45 million Palestinian refugees there, according to the UN.

Clearly Netanyahu is determined to complete the genocide in Gaza.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Israel has threatened Palestine with collapse if the ICC issues arrest warrants for Israeli leaders, writes Axios.

Tel Aviv has warned Washington that it will hold the Palestinian administration responsible for issuing the warrants, as its officials have allegedly put pressure on the court's prosecutor, the portal quotes sources as saying.

One of Israel's possible steps could be to freeze the transfer of tax revenues it collects for Palestine.

Earlier, the media wrote that the ICC could issue arrest warrants for senior Israeli officials, including Prime Minister Netanyahu.
The International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague is not commenting on media reports about Israel's threats to take measures against Palestine if the court issues an arrest warrant for its leaders, the court is continuing its independent investigation of the situation in Palestine, the ICC press service told RIA Novosti.
Is the ICC really independent?
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

It'll be interesting to see how the world goes about dismantling Israel and Zionism after this disaster, because I don't view any better than Nazis now,and don't think this should be allowed happen again

It's probably time to give Palestinians a substantial amount of land back and international protection for them,it's the least the world can do

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Setanta wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:26 am It'll be interesting to see how the world goes about dismantling Israel and Zionism after this disaster, because I don't view any better than Nazis now,and don't think this should be allowed happen again

It's probably time to give Palestinians a substantial amount of land back and international protection for them,it's the least the world can do
Unfortunately this is based on the assumption that Zionism - both Christian and Jewish - can be dug out of the various administrations where it is presently, quite obviously, embedded.
Based on various laws being proposed in different localities in recent times, it appears to me that doing so will be anything but easy or assured.

IMO the best outcome - if there was the will and the means - would be to create a single state in Palestine along borders prior to 1948, supervised and controlled by countries who do not support Zionism of any sort, with the freedom to practice whatever religion, or none, and the rule of law without religious impact to be strictly applied.
That of course implies that those expelled from Palestine would have the right to return, regardless how difficult that might be to accomodate.

I very much doubt that my preferred option will be even considered for the same reasons given above.
There is too much embedded Zionism in countries with huge global power and their allies, for me to expect any reasonable outcome.
The longer this continues, the closer we are, IMO, to annihilation via WWIII.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PureIsle wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:13 pm Unfortunately this is based on the assumption that Zionism - both Christian and Jewish - can be dug out of the various administrations where it is presently, quite obviously, embedded.
Based on various laws being proposed in different localities in recent times, it appears to me that doing so will be anything but easy or assured.

IMO the best outcome - if there was the will and the means - would be to create a single state in Palestine along borders prior to 1948, supervised and controlled by countries who do not support Zionism of any sort, with the freedom to practice whatever religion, or none, and the rule of law without religious impact to be strictly applied.
That of course implies that those expelled from Palestine would have the right to return, regardless how difficult that might be to accomodate.

I very much doubt that my preferred option will be even considered for the same reasons given above.
There is too much embedded Zionism in countries with huge global power and their allies, for me to expect any reasonable outcome.
The longer this continues, the closer we are, IMO, to annihilation via WWIII.
Everything is impossible until its done......the world isn't heading to a WW3 over a weird, semi-religious, racist,middle eastern death cult

The logical endpoint of its decades of apartheid has been reached,massive war crimes and genocide,it has no further forward steps it can take,and thus will begin to fail.....it's time for countries of the world to step in to defend Palestinians at this stage, begin to offer them safety,prosperity,right of return to large % contested land,and large scale war crime cases over next years and decades against anyone who has commited any.....only logical, and reasonable path forward

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Setanta wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:40 pm Everything is impossible until its done......the world isn't heading to a WW3 over a weird, semi-religious, racist,middle eastern death cult
I never said impossible; I said "anything but easy or assured."
Zionism might take the face of religion, but it just uses religion for its purposes.
I suspect it is closer to anti-religious than not.
The logical endpoint of its decades of apartheid has been reached,massive war crimes and genocide,it has no further forward steps it can take,and thus will begin to fail.....it's time for countries of the world to step in to defend Palestinians at this stage, begin to offer them safety,prosperity,right of return to large % contested land,and large scale war crime cases over next years and decades against anyone who has commited any.....only logical, and reasonable path forward
I completely agree, it is long past time for that to happen. Why do you think countries did not step in during previous decades?

Please tell me who will do this now?
My view is that Zionism is so embedded in the presently powerful that should they remain powerful it will never happen.
There is some light though, IF one can see the total collapse of the present hegemony into a much more 'level' world scene.
Of course there is no guarantee that the 'new kids on the bloc' will be any less Zionistic or some other equally horrific 'ism' and the whole thing just happens again ... and again ....
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The US House has passed the Antisemitic Awareness Act.
Some representatives and legal experts say the bill is a clear violation of the First Amendment of the USA constitution.

If the bill becomes law, it will expand the definition of antisemitism to include criticism of the State of Israel and Israeli government policy as well as Jews in general.

In effect the USA is attempting to protect the Israeli Gov from any criticism of its actions past or present.
IMO this shows clearly that there are large numbers of Zionists in the USA prepared to support and protect fellow Zionists in Israel.

I have also read an interpretation of the Act to mean, should a person simply quote, from the Christian Bible, a reference to the Jews crucifying Jesus, then this Act can be used against them.

With, at minimum, the power to pass such an Act in the US House, it will be very difficult to dislodge those Zionists from where they are deeply embedded.
The USA is not the only administration to show such intent. A somewhat similar law exists in several countries in Europe. I would refer to the German prosecution of Professor Sucharit Bhakdi in this regard.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Meanwhile in Palestine, Israel plans to grab another huge section of farmland and block the owners from access ...

Israel separation wall to swallow up more Palestinian farmland in West Bank
Israeli authorities have announced plans to construct a new concrete barrier to cut Palestinian villagers from their farmland.

The separation wall will span several kilometres, starting at the villages of Sinjil and Turmus-Aya in the central West Bank and ending near the entrance to the illegal Israeli settlement of Shiloh, south of Nablus.
https://www.newarab.com/news/israel-sep ... inian-land

Of course the wall is a defensive one - for self defense don't ye know! :roll:
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Regarding the Antisemitic Awareness Act, maybe this is something those with knowledge of the Talmud could comment on ...
The Antisemitism Awareness Act may make Judaism a crime as the Jewish Talmud boasts that Jesus of Nazareth was tried and executed by the Jewish leaders of the Sanhedrin (Sanhedrin 43a)
If true this great USA law would outlaw not only the Christian Bible but also the Talmud as anti-semitic texts, should it be passed.

Do they realise how really stupid they look to the rest of the world?

Some reading here

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2024-05- ... aism-crime
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

"State the recognized fact that the Israeli campaign against Palestinians is an actual genocide, by definition and based on abundant evidence, and watch many respondents go berserk
THEY WILL REACT WITH:

- that it is NOT a genocide
- insults
- threats
- lack of your expertise on war and politics
- that there have been much worse genocides
- that only 40k+ have been killed
- that Hamas is criminal
- that Hamas uses human shields, digs tunnels under hospitals, beheaded babies, raped women, murdered civilians, wants to destroy Israel...
- that Hamas need only surrender and release their hostages, so it is responsible
- that Israel is defending itself and the free world
- that Israel has a right to defend itself and to exist
- that Jews and Israel are and have always been victims of vicious universal extermination campaigns
- that holocaust and Nazis
- that it is a war
- that you are racist and anti-Semitic
- that Jews everywhere are put in danger by your words
- that mass Muslim immigration threatens Christians and Western values
- that Israel has a moral army that acts with restraint and advanced targeting technology
- that all Palestinians are guilty and support terrorism and hate
- that all the critics and institutions and experts are anti-Semitic and funded by globalist UN forces
- that the ICC @IntlCrimCourt and ICJ @CIJ_ICJ are making decisions that constitute vile hate crimes against Jews
- that Palestinians are animals
- that Hamas and supporters of Hamas keep fighting and killing
- that October 7th was horrific, and was the start of a war that Israel is now fighting
WHAT DID I MISS?"

Denis Rancourt
It is all so familiar.
Risteard

Post by Risteard »

PureIsle wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:24 pm Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich declared:
The Zionists need to be all publicly hanged. And a one State Palestine restored, and the illegal Zionist entity in Palestine forever deleted.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Students at trinity adopting ‘just stop oil’ style tactics of causing maximum disruption to others(never themselves) in pursuit of something which will have zero tangible effect.

They are only hurting other students that will lose out through lack of resources.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/t ... 41590.html

Useless idiots.