Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Israel and Palestine

The burning issues of the day
Adso_of_Melk

Re: Israel and Palestine

Post by Adso_of_Melk »

I noticed the "Cease fire now" crowd were celebrating Irans attack on Israel.
Almost like they don't want a ceasefire - just the eradication of Israel and a total Islamist victory.
Quato

Post by Quato »

Exactly. They want Israel judenrein.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

UNRWA is the
United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East
but some do not appear to understand this
... referred to as refugees, a status the UNRWA solely reserves for Palestinians not applied to anywhere else on earth
Of course it does not matter that the Zionist Israeli murdering regime ignores all UN findings and resolutions that do not suit their declared intention to take all of Palestine for themselves AND exclude (ethnic cleanse) all Palestinians. Nor does it seem to matter that Israel wants rid of UNRWA so that it can more easily eliminate all Palestinians.

and then we have this
Just imagine the IRA had slaughtered 8,000 English citizens(to represent the same percentage of Israelies that were murdered) during the height of the troubles in cold blood. Imagine the reaction.
but no mention of how many Irish would have been murdered by the English prior to that, using the same multiplication factor, to be the root cause of that imaginary atrocity.

The usual nonsense from that poster whose posts support/excuse genocide and mass killings and starvation of a people trying to survive on their own land, as well as targeted hits on dwellings, hospitals, UN aid centres, aid workers etc. etc..
The list is just too horrifying and long to detail.
But ignore all that - Israel good and any critical word is anti-Semitic or other such bull sh1t.

The silence from the Israeli supporters was VERY noticeable after Israel bombed the Iranian consulate in Damascus. That was, in essence, a declaration of war, and would be reacted to as such by most of those nations keeping quiet on the matter.
Israel deserved to be wiped out for that act alone.
Iran's reaction was extremely controlled in the circumstances.

They sent over a large number of slow moving drones, which gave Israel and its supporters some 3 hours notice of arrivals. They had lots of time to make preparations so the drones could be shot down.
Iran then fired off some missiles - apparently in sufficient numbers that the hugely touted Israeli defence could not cope.
Three target were hit by missiles.
All three were military installations.
Not one person was killed - not even a military person.

So what did Iran achieve?
They showed the Israelis that Israel is not immune from Iranian missiles, also making it clear that Iran has much better hardware which it would use, without a three hour warning, should Israel wish to continue the matter.
Of course it also exposed to Iran, without any doubt, who would support Israel ... Jordan being a notable one.

So now, Israel, probably for the first time, feels vulnerable, as Iran obviously has the capability to seriously hurt Israel should Israel again attack Iran or its interests.
That added to their obvious failure to wipe out Palestinian resistance, coupled with the economic hit they suffer from the Yemeni blockade of Israeli-connected shipping, is hurting them a lot. The USA, apparently, refusing to support any escalation is constraining what they can do, as without the big bully behind them they are not as capable as they like to project.

The fear now is that, like an injured wild animal, Israel just might strike out without considering the consequences. That could easily lead to a regional, and maybe a world wide, war.

But of course we are not allowed to criticise Israeli actions. We must ignore them; pretend they did not happen; if we cannot pretend then we must excuse them for, after all, Israelis are the 'chosen people' and apparently permanently victimised.
Heck, even the USA is now openly ignoring their own findings ...
US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken has failed to act on a State Department proposal to bar certain Israeli police and army units from receiving US funds over human rights abuses of Palestinians.

Blinken has disregarded this despite the growing concern over Israeli army conduct in Gaza, according to current and former State Department officials.

A special panel at the State Department made the proposal months ago. Recommendations for action against Israeli units were sent to Blinken in December but have “been sitting in his briefcase since then,” one official told ProPublica on 17 April.

The Israeli rights abuses in question mainly took place in the occupied West Bank before Operation Al-Aqsa Flood on 7 October. They include the execution of Palestinians by Israeli border police, as well as torture and rape during interrogation.
https://thecradle.co/articles/blinken-s ... mes-report

So the genocide continues, and the world leaders look on and do nothing to stop it.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Quite long but gets to the nub of the matter:-

Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Adso_of_Melk wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 am I noticed the "Cease fire now" crowd were celebrating Irans attack on Israel.
Almost like they don't want a ceasefire - just the eradication of Israel and a total Islamist victory.
I was not celebrating the Israeli attack on the Iranian embassy in Syria.
I was not celebrating Iran's right to defend itself.
When I heard reports that Gazans had some respite for the first time in over 6 months because of the Iranian attack, I was happy to hear that.
As time goes on, I am starting to feel that Israel, in it's current state, needs to be eradicated. Not saying I am calling for the termination of the Israeli individuals, but of the fail experiment that has been Israel. I wouldn't call it an Islamist victory. I would call it a world victory.
The problem is that Israel is a very key part of the US global domination plan. Until that changes, nothing will change.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Absolute cowards openly targeting children at play.

Complete hypocrisy by the US, calling for sanctions on Iran only. FFS.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Israel has now attacked Iran but but but... tHe pAleStinIanS StaRted It oN oCtoBer 7tH!

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Norman Breaks wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 pm Absolute cowards openly targeting children at play.

Complete hypocrisy by the US, calling for sanctions on Iran only. FFS.
They send drone into refugee camps,making the noise of children crying,to lure out refugees to shoot them

The left,got this one very very wrong, cheerleading Israel
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The latest report into Israeli allegations of Hamas committing mass rape and other sexual atrocities on Oct 7th, by the Israeli news outlet Haaretz.

Despite all the allegations there is no evidence and the Israeli authorities refused to cooperate with Pramila Patten, the UN's Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict and in fact did the opposite
"The politicians in Israel did exactly the opposite." Foreign Minister Yisrael Katz accused the UN of "the silencing of the sex crimes" immediately after Patten's report was made public, even though the report was sympathetic to Israeli claims.
It should be obvious to everyone by now that nothing the Israelis claim is truthful.
They have thrown out multiple accusations and allegations and have failed at every turn to support their accusations with evidence or even cooperate with an independent investigative body.

https://thecradle.co/articles/more-clai ... lse-report
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

JayZeus wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:56 pm You’ve taken what you’ve read or heard, and reversed the logic of a sound argument. Your argument is fatally flawed..

Israel don’t have a manifesto calling for the eradication of Gaza or its people. Hamas do for Jews.
Looks clear to me now anyway,that without someone fighting in Gaza,that Israel would kill all the citizens there

Do they still be sniping children there,and their government ministers calling for nuclear weapons to be dropped onto Gaza?🧐
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Israel have the power to obliterate Gaza if they wanted. They’ve had that sort of power for a long time.

Of course some Israeli civilians are racist ass holes that want to see the annihilation of palestine(maybe family members of the murdered, vice-versa the other way too) but Israel prosecute their own citizens that incite racism on palestinians (https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-ex ... ab-racism/ ).

Hamas encourage inciting racism against Israel and Jews in particular (it’s in their manifesto which they openly espouse) thus you get events like oct 7th which leads to an unprovoked mass slaughter of civilians.

In fact the 48-Palestinians are still living there in very large numbers, couldn’t be all that bad.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

“Though three-quarters of Palestinians were forced out of lands that became Israel in 1948, 150,000 were allowed to remain and were granted citizenship. They now account for approximately 20 percent of Israel's population“
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:26 pm Israel have the power to obliterate Gaza if they wanted. They’ve had that sort of power for a long time.

Of course some Israeli civilians are racist ass holes that want to see the annihilation of palestine(maybe family members of the murdered, vice-versa the other way too) but Israel prosecute their own citizens that incite racism on palestinians (https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-ex ... ab-racism/ ).

Hamas encourage inciting racism against Israel and Jews in particular (it’s in their manifesto which they openly espouse) thus you get events like oct 7th which leads to an unprovoked mass slaughter of civilians.
They can't bring themselves to sack government ministers who propose dropping nuclear bombs onto an effective open air prison

https://apnews.com/article/israel-nucle ... b0ade65768
course some Israeli civilians are racist ass holes that want to see the annihilation of palestine
They over whemingly support this war and near on 3/4 of em oppose humanitarian assistance going to Gaza🧐....the left let these nutters blind em for generations with virtue signalling...their no better than the affiliates of islamic state only they are jewish not muslamic religious nutters
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:48 pm “Though three-quarters of Palestinians were forced out of lands that became Israel in 1948, 150,000 were allowed to remain and were granted citizenship. They now account for approximately 20 percent of Israel's population“
How generous of Israel to "allow" some Palestinians return!
Did they get their homes/houses/land returned to them?
What about the rest of them?
When will they be "allowed" to return and reclaim their homes/lands?
They should wait? How long? Another 7 or 8 decades?
The answer is never if Israel gets its way.

Yes Arabs are now some 20% of the population of Israel, but are not equal citizens to the 80%.
Israel is an apartheid state.
It is also a terrorist state.
The majority are not semitic despite what they claim, but originated across Europe.(The 20% are semitic of course.)
Zionist European colonialists pretending to be semitic.
Invaders.

It cannot be a surprise to anyone that the native owners of the lands object to this and resort to armed revolt. (A valid method under international law)
Irish history tells of many 'uprisings' while we were 'under the jack-boot' so the concept cannot be new to Irish people.

Note: one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

Pick your poison ........ support colonialism or support freedom of native peoples
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Setanta wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:51 pm They can't bring themselves to sack government ministers who propose dropping nuclear bombs onto an effective open air prison

https://apnews.com/article/israel-nucle ... b0ade65768
Just like in our country and most civilised countries politicians enjoy an immunity not endowed on others, the people will decide his faith in the next election. I think i shared a story of this girl already, she was from one of the kibbutz’ that was attacked, be’eri if memory serves correct(very left leaning hippie communist types). It’s really worth a watch. Even pureisle thanked me for sharing it previously.

Hamas were elected by the Palestinians, but Hamas murdered and ejected all opposition (I.e. the PLO) and haven’t allowed any further elections since 16 years now approaching I think.

Last edited by knownunknown on Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Setanta wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:51 pm
They over whemingly support this war and near on 3/4 of em oppose humanitarian assistance going to Gaza🧐....the left let these nutters blind em for generations with virtue signalling...their no better than the affiliates of islamic state only they are jewish not muslamic religious nutters
No one opposes humanitarian assistance going into Gaza. The issues was the delays in trucks getting in because the Israelis were very careful to inspect everything that could potentially being used for weapons. This led to ridiculous confiscations and massive delays.

How many Palestinians do you think want to eject Hamas from being their leaders and don’t have the ability to do so? How many of them do you think blame Hamas for the situation they are in now?
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:49 pm No one opposes humanitarian assistance going into Gaza. The issues was the delays in trucks getting in because the Israelis were very careful to inspect everything that could potentially being used for weapons. This led to ridiculous confiscations and massive delays.

How many Palestinians do you think want to eject Hamas from being their leaders and don’t have the ability to do so? How many of them do you think blame Hamas for the situation they are in now?
knownunknown wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:49 pm No one opposes humanitarian assistance going into Gaza
https://mondoweiss.net/2024/02/over-2-3 ... g-in-gaza/

Il.never understand why the left lies like this....I mean israel civilians literally block the border crossing stopping trucks entering
How many of them do you think blame Hamas for the situation they are in now?

Hamas are not the ones actively persueing a genocide,with now heading for 20,000 children slaughtered.....the left don't like this,but Israel needs accept responsibility for it's actions here
Last edited by Setanta on Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:41 pm Just like in our country and most civilised countries politicians enjoy an immunity not endowed on others, the people will decide his faith in the next election. I think i shared a story of this girl already, she was from one of the kibbutz’ that was attacked, be’eri if memory serves correct(very left leaning hippie communist types). It’s really worth a watch. Even pureisle thanked me for sharing it previously.

Hamas were elected by the Palestinians, but Hamas murdered and ejected all opposition (I.e. the PLO) and haven’t allowed any further elections since 16 years now approaching I think.

Just like in our country and most civilised countries politicians enjoy an immunity not endowed on others, the people will decide his faith in the next election
I think myself,it's clearly a popular sentiment in Israel and it's clearly part of their culture to kill civilians (a series of mass graves uncovered in North Gaza implicates this)and he is thus very popular for it.... alongside of collectively cabinet responsibilities,which is the general accepted democratic position of a country at war....failure to sack him would say to me,they broadly accept his proposal and rest of cabinet are willing to be responsible for same,but unwilling to act on it
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Yeah Be'eri was attacked by the Palestinian fighters and then by Israeli tanks and helicopters using heavy weapons. Who killed the most there? I doubt we will ever know as no forensics were done.

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

This is quite long and very disturbing in parts.
It even goes into Biblical history to try to explain the genocidal actions of Israel.
Recommended reading to the end.

https://www.scottritterextra.com/p/symp ... l-part-two
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

As most people with any bit of sense long suspected
UN report demolishes Israeli propaganda campaign against UNRWA
Israel has failed to provide any evidence of its claims that employees of the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) are members of “terrorist organizations,” according to an independent review led by former French foreign minister Catherine Colonna.

https://thecradle.co/articles/un-report ... inst-unrwa
As The Cradle’s William Van Wagenen reported in February, Israel’s evidence-free allegations against UNRWA are part of a multi-year campaign to dismantle the agency that began before 7 October. Israel wishes to deprive Palestinian refugees of lifesaving assistance and to eradicate the notion that they will one day return to the lands they were expelled from by Zionist militias in 1948 when the state of Israel was created.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Another massive grave uncovered

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east ... han-younis

The lies and absolute bullshit these people and left have pushed to paper over and distract from the horrors they've been at,should never be forgotten....il be fucked if anyone can convince me,that Assad is a worser butcher,than what the yanks have armed and provide political protection to here
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Setanta wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:23 pm Another massive grave uncovered

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east ... han-younis

The lies and absolute bullshit these people and left have pushed to paper over and distract from the horrors they've been at,should never be forgotten....il be fucked if anyone can convince me,that Assad is a worser butcher,than what the yanks have armed and provide political protection to here
I had read about 200 being recovered/dug up, but that count of 283 was new to me.
Those are in addition to the number killed inside the hospital itself.
Some of those discovered appeared to be in medical "scrubs" or what remained of the clothing.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PureIsle wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:15 pm I had read about 200 being recovered/dug up, but that count of 283 was new to me.
Those are in addition to the number killed inside the hospital itself.
Some of those discovered appeared to be in medical "scrubs" or what remained of the clothing.
There was reports of doctors etc removing scrubs leaving the hospital to avoid being targeted by IDF

Several of the dead bodies are apparently showing signs of being handcuffed and buried alive,as if tying people up and driving over em with tanks wasn't fecking barbaric enough
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Setanta wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:17 pm There was reports of doctors etc removing scrubs leaving the hospital to avoid being targeted by IDF

Several of the dead bodies are apparently showing signs of being handcuffed and buried alive,as if tying people up and driving over em with tanks wasn't fecking barbaric enough
I have seen one pic of a body apparently in scrubs, with hands tied (using one of those 'tie-wrap' cuffs).

In the meantime this is what 200 days of Israeli murderous actions have produced according to Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor ...

resized_genocide.png
resized_genocide.png (283.5 KiB) Viewed 159 times