Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Israel and Palestine

The burning issues of the day
knownunknown

Re: Israel and Palestine

Post by knownunknown »

Norman Breaks wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:07 pm Pathetic whataboutism. You should feel shame.
Any way you could explain your post without coming across as cold hearted monster? (See I can do it to). This whole thread you have been justifying the actions of Hamas following their abduction of civilians(which is a war crime).
Carrying out, or threatening to carry out, an act of hostage-taking is prohibited under international humanitarian law and constitutes a grave breach ininternational armed conflicts and a war crime in non-international armed conflicts.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:11 pm Any way you could explain your post without coming across as cold hearted monster? (See I can do it to). This whole thread you have been justifying the actions of Hamas following their abduction of civilians(which is a war crime).
I'm not sure where you read that. My whole MO in this thread is condemning the IOF and Israel for their repeated war crimes and blatant disregard for international law, inflicting a genocide and starving the whole population of Gaza. But you continue to defend them, often times distract from the main issues by pointing fingers at SA for not doing to Boko Harem what they are doing to Israel. It's sad and pathetic. If we were to tally up the war crimes on both sides, starting from any date you'd like, up to present day, who do you think would have the higher count? Honestly. If you answered Hamas you are either really dim, gullible, vastly uninformed, feigning ignorance or a twisted combo of this list. You should feel shame.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Norman Breaks wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:55 pm I'm not sure where you read that. My whole MO in this thread is condemning the IOF and Israel for their repeated war crimes and blatant disregard for international law, inflicting a genocide and starving the whole population of Gaza. But you continue to defend them, often times distract from the main issues by pointing fingers at SA for not doing to Boko Harem what they are doing to Israel. It's sad and pathetic. If we were to tally up the war crimes on both sides, starting from any date you'd like, up to present day, who do you think would have the higher count? Honestly. If you answered Hamas you are either really dim, gullible, vastly uninformed, feigning ignorance or a twisted combo of this list. You should feel shame.
With all your calls to end this humanitarian crisis not once have you mentioned releasing the hostages which is a war crime or have never called for hamas to surrender. Really your m.o. seems to be hatred for Jews and the destruction of the state of Israel and the support of terrorist actions, there is no other way to read it.

I only hope none of your relatives or loved ones are ever brutally attacked, raped and taken as hostages but you can be happy the majority of the world(like me) take this sort of thing very seriously.

Once again you failed to explain why it’s proper to demand the girls of Chibok are returned but not the civilians of Israel, the reason is quite clear. Maybe we should just forget about them and the 100 girls that remain missing, that’s what you are proposing Israel do.

The UNSC and the ICJ have both said oct 7 was a war crime and that the terrorists should release the hostages but not once have you criticized them for not doing so. Your motive is clear.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Israel bad, Palestine good is the anthem of the woke world. I don't pretend to be all knowing about the situation on the ground in Gaza, I don't even pay much attention anymore but I agree with your sentiments. I can't even be bothered debating with the pro Hamas trolls on this thread who seem to think that quoting obscure Islamist media proves any point and seek to demonise one side only. I agree, in terms of military might, it's a very unequal contest but as you say, there is right and wrong on both sides and the wokes only recognise wrong on one side,
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The simple mindedness of some posts is astonishing, else they are deliberately hiding another agenda. There is no other way to read them.

The oft repeated accusation or implication that anti-semitism is behind the abhorrence of Israel's actions is ridiculous in the extreme. The Palestinians are a semitic people.
Semitic people or Semites is an obsolete term for an ethnic, cultural or racial group associated with people of the Middle East, including Arabs, Jews, Akkadians, and Phoenicians.
Regarding hostages, it is my understanding that Hamas takes Israelis as hostages in order to use them to bargain for the release of the Palestinian hostages Israel has taken. The discussions over the years have always been 'all for all' by Hamas. Apparently Israel would prefer to kill the Hamas held hostages rather than exchange them. They have succeeded in killing a number of them.
I don't expect Israel to agree to the release of all the 7,500+ Palestinian hostages they hold for the comparatively meagre number of Israelis that Hamas holds..
  • Israel : Hamas
    Hostages 750 : 1
    Killings 30 : 1
I have yet to read any post from certain people condemning the murderous actions of Israel in the past ~six months. That is very telling indeed.

It indicates complete support for Israel's mass execution of the Palestinians in Gaza (West Bank is not a lot better) along with the official utterances of many of Israel's leaders that the aim is to extinguish (or deport = Nakba#2) Palestinians from Palestine so Israel can steal their land. So those posters are supporters of genocide in Palestine. Then some post 'what about' genocide in other locations - which they claim to abhor.
Two-faced?
Looks that way.

I would not be in any way upset to see the apartheid, genocidal state of Israel eliminated, hopefully along with its Zionist murderous regime.

But of course there are people who support that Israel, just as there were people who supported similar regimes in the past (and possibly in the future also).

A further note for the simple minded ...... abhorrence of the murderous actions of one side does not in any way imply support for the murderous actions of anyone else. To draw such conclusions only goes to show how lacking in logic your thought processes are; else it really does highlight your despicable support for one lot of murderers.

Prove me wrong ...... post an unequivocal condemnation, without excuses, of the actions of Israel in the past 6 months. Go on, surprise me!

Now that Israel has decided to fight almost all powers in the region something very nasty could easily happen to it.
Their latest being the bombing and destruction of the Iranian consulate in Damascus, killing a number of Iranians. That can easily be seen as an act of war against Iran.

That act alone could be the start of a full-fledged regional war, which has the probable result of a World War.

But I guess ye will support that also ...
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Gaza: Shifa Medical Complex witnesses one of the largest massacres in Palestinian history
https://euromedmonitor.org/en/article/6 ... an-history
Palestinian Territory - The Israeli army carried out a massive, shockingly horrific military operation in Al-Shifa Medical Complex in Gaza City over the course of the past two weeks, indiscriminately targeting and attacking Palestinians regardless of their civilian status, professional standing, gender, age, or health condition.

Though the exact number of casualties from the atrocity is still unknown, preliminary reports suggest that over 1,500 Palestinians have been killed, injured, or are reported missing as a result of the massacre at Al-Shifa, with women and children making up half of the casualties. Euro-Med Monitor is able to confirm from its initial investigation and testimonies that hundreds of dead bodies, including some burned, and others with their heads and limbs severed, have been discovered both inside Al-Shifa Medical Complex and in the hospital’s surrounding area.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Former Biden donor calls it out clear as day.

The US gov knows.

It's all coming out in the wash due to the World Central Kitchen backlash.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:50 pm Former Biden donor calls it out clear as day.

The US gov knows.

[media]h ttps://youtu.be/jUJpslJ3dFI?si=pAeXFfzgn1Z_4KeX[/media]

It's all coming out in the wash due to the World Central Kitchen backlash.
Of course according to some he is completely wrong and it is Egypt who is stopping all the aid getting through.
Israelis are innocent and are victims in all this.

So after ruining UNRWA efforts to bring in aid, the Israelis are now targeting the alternative (WCK).
No reason, based on past actions, to consider this as anything but normal Israeli actions.

Of course all these killings of aid workers and medical personnel has further repercussions ... precisely the result that Israel wants!

Cyprus says ships are turning back from Gaza with around 240 tons of undelivered aid after strike

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... -108743577

Undelivered Gaza aid returns to Cyprus after aid workers killed

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 024-04-03/
WCK, active in Gaza since October, has paused operations in the territory since the killings, and turned around its flotilla of ships back to Cyprus.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Deleted wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:14 pm Cos it's bollocks, Israel don't murder civilians ...
Either a /s post or this ages like milk on a hot summer day.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

TLDW:
They don't have enough control over the flow of information through Tik Tok so the only thing to do is shut it down. Can't be giving the people any power to highlight the issues, band together and form collectives now can we!

A very interesting watch.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

More proof that boycotts work.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/5 ... r-boycotts

BDS all the way.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

UN rights body demands Israel be held accountable for possible ‘war crimes’
UN Human Rights Council also backs call to halt all arms sales to Israel, highlighting warnings of ‘genocide’ in Gaza.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/4/5 ... war-crimes

I hope there is as much of a hunt for justice to bring the IOF to justice after all this as there was/is to round up the elderly Nazis. There is a mountain of proof so it should be easier to prove. Getting justice may be more difficult based on the US position though.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

We know what the Israelis do to murdering military personnel now.
After Israel did their 'investigation' of the killing of the WCK personnel they decided ...
to reprimand some members of the IDF (three I think)
to dismiss two officers of the IDF.

That is the punishment for murdering multiple people in Palestine if you are an Israeli in Israel.

Is it any wonder those same people show delight in every Palestinian death?
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

"Following are the harrowing statistics of six months of war waged by the Israeli occupation on Gaza, based on the data gathered by the Gaza media office.

184 – the number of days of the latest Israeli genocidal war on Gaza

33,175 – the total number of fatalities in Gaza since Oct. 7

75,886 – the number of wounded persons in Gaza since Oct. 7

7,000 – the number of people still under the rubble of destroyed buildings in Gaza

2,942 – the number of massacres committed by the regime since Oct. 7

14,600 – the number of children killed since Oct. 7

9,600 – the number of women killed since Oct. 7

490 – the number of doctors and paramedics killed since Oct. 7

67 – the number of civil defense personnel killed since Oct. 7

140 – the number of Palestinian journalists killed since Oct. 7

17,000 – the number of children who have lost one or both parents since Oct. 7

11,000 – the number of injured people who need to travel for treatment

10,000 – the number of cancer patients who face the risk of death

700,000 – the number of people with infectious diseases due to displacement

8,000 – the number of cases of viral hepatitis due to displacement

60,000 – the number of pregnant women at risk due to lack of healthcare

350,000 – the number of chronically ill patients suffering due to lack of medicine

274 – the number of health practitioners who have been arrested

28 – the number of children who have died of malnutrition and dehydration

2 million – the number of displaced people in the Gaza Strip

168 – the number of government buildings destroyed since Oct. 7

100 – the number of schools and universities completely destroyed since Oct. 7

305 – the number of schools and universities partially destroyed by the occupation

227 – the number of mosques completely destroyed since Oct. 7

294 – the number of mosques partially destroyed since Oct. 7

3 – the number of churches targeted and destroyed since Oct. 7

70,000 – the number of housing units completely destroyed since Oct. 7

290,000 – the number of housing units partially destroyed since Oct. 7

70,000 – tons of explosives dropped by the occupation on Gaza since Oct. 7

32 – The number of hospitals taken out of service by the occupation since Oct. 7

53 – the number of health centers that have become non-functional since Oct. 7

159 – the number of health institutions partially destroyed since Oct. 7

126 – the number of ambulances destroyed by the occupation army since Oct. 7

200 – the number of archaeological and heritage sites destroyed since Oct. 7"

I guess it is impressive they could have killed and maimed so many, and destroyed so much, in a few short months.
But wait!
They are not finished yet!

The sooner that murdering Zionist regime is eliminated the better for the whole world.

Israel is now getting rather paranoid waiting for Iran's response to the Israeli bombing of the Iranian Consulate ... essentially a declaration of war on Iran should it choose to see it that way.

Just when one thinks Israel cannot possibly find any more ways to commit crimes it shows one how naive one can be.
More to come!
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The US continues to see no evidence that Israel is violating international humanitarian law in its Gaza operation, the White House has said.

Asked whether Israel had ever violated international humanitarian law in the past five to six months, John Kirby claimed that the US State Department has
not found any incidents where the Israelis have violated international humanitarian law.

Even now they issue this BS.
I wonder what percentage of the USA population actually believes it?
I would LIKE to think it would be small, but ...
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Meanwhile some are prepared to speak out and call a spade a spade ...
But you know what? We are the Judeo-Nazis now. It’s never been so clear. Oh, yes, there are right-wing Judeo-Nazis, who have spoken of “wiping out” Huwwara before October 7, but now there are the many kibbutzniks who openly speak of wiping out Gaza. Two-thirds of us, including nearly 40% of the “left wing,” literally want to deprive Gazans of the most basic humanitarian aid (it’s 80% on the right wing, by the way, and they constitute about two-thirds of Israeli voters).

In other words, most of us literally want to starve Palestinians.
https://mondoweiss.net/2024/04/we-israe ... t-deniers/
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

This could get "interesting" - part of Iran's response to the Israeli bombing of the Iranian consulate which is keeping the Israeli defense on their toes .......

Iran has reportedly communicated to the United States through the Sultanate of Oman, that the Islamic Republic intends to directly strike Israel, unless the U.S. guarantees an immediate permanent ceasefire in Gaza & no Israeli ground invasion of Rafah – Exclusive sources to Jadeh Iran

So basically Iran has given the U.S. a choice: You can avoid a direct attack on Israel, by signing a permanent ceasefire in Gaza & an official guarantee of no Rafah operation.

Now, which way will USA jump?
History would indicate USA will prefer the war option.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Well, if we're to believe the line of 'this is for the security of Israel' then the US should try to avoid further conflict. Buuuut...do we really believe any of these lines?

Iran: "Call off your dogs or we go to war"
US: *checks calculations for profit* I guess it's war o'clock!"
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Today I am reminded of previous Israeli atrocities, in particular this one, which Israel after stating that the Egyptians were lying about it, later 'conceded' that it was due to human error.

Today is April 8th ...... some 54 years later and still Israel is allowed to commit such atrocities.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahr_El ... ol_bombing

The Bahr el-Baqar primary school in the Egyptian village of Bahr el-Baqar (south of Port Said, in the eastern province of Sharqia) was bombed by the Israeli Air Force on 8 April 1970. Of the 130 children who were attending the school, 46 were killed and over 50 wounded. The school itself was completely demolished. A part of the War of Attrition, the attack was one of a series of airstrikes conducted in Egypt by Israel during Operation Priha.
The series of deep penetration strikes also included the earlier bombing of a factory in Abu Zaabal, in which 80 civilian workers were killed, which Israel also claimed to be have been a mistake.
It appears this 'leopard' has not changed its spots!
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The US dangles Yemen bait, but Ansarallah doesn’t bite
The US has secretly offered a stunning array of concessions to Ansarallah to halt its naval operations in support of Gaza – to no avail.
If this is accurate then, IMO, it shows a large weakness in the position of the USA.
Maybe the USA is feeling its hegemony slipping?

https://thecradle.co/articles/the-us-da ... oesnt-bite
Beatty

Post by Beatty »

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Good point well made that Hamas built 300 miles of tunnel under Gaza, not to protect its civilians from bombings but to embed themselves into the civilian population, to use their own civilians as human shields. The depravity it takes, to play off the moral compass of your own enemy like this, to say that we don’t care about our civilians dying, but you might care about them. It’s beyond evil.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Coleman Hughes has never been to Palestine, but he has been on an Israeli Gov. paid jaunt to Israel.

Of course that could never colour his views.
Last edited by PureIsle on Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

What motivates Hammas?

What motivates Israel?