Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Hate Speech Law

The burning issues of the day
Avey Terrible

Re: Hate Speech Law

Post by Avey Terrible »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:35 pm Andrew Fitzpatrick hates you all

I honestly thought that was hilarious.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

What in heavens name is a SWERF ????
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:26 pm What in heavens name is a SWERF ????
Sex work exclusionary radical feminist.
If you're concerned for people with mental health issues, drug addiction, living in desperate poverty, a history of sexual abuse and other trauma, selling sex... well, you're far right apparently.
Last edited by Fugue on Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Fugue wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:53 pm Sex work exclusionary radical feminist.
If you're concerned for people with mental health issues, drug addiction, living in desperate poverty, a history of sexual abuse and other trauma selling sex... well, you're far right apparently.
Oh for the love of God - and these people think they are right ???!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Fugue

Post by Fugue »

It's utterly topsy-turvy.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Fugue wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:10 pm It's utterly topsy-turvy.
It’s the gender fluid/agender/non binary bullshit that pisses me off.

We fought for decades to go against mindless outdated sex stereotypes and these nutters want to cement them and add loads of labels!!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

About so called Hate Speech more broadly.

I confess I do not know much about Caroline Farrow. She has it seems in the past been public about calling (Mermaids) Susie Green's child a he instead of a she. She's some kind of journalist and Catholic activist. Maybe she is terrible but I can't keep up with all the things.

(Maybe somebody knows more about her?)

Anyway for misgendering online she has been in the past few months subjected to a very harsh campaign by Surrey police. At one point they confiscated all computers and phones in her house. That was reported fairly widely in the media. Today she wrote a thread about recent action by Surrey police. Either she is lying and is stark raving mad (that is possible and a preferable explanation to the madness) or what Surrey police are proposing for her supposed hate speech is the most insane Maoist oppression.

Read her thread and see what you think. Extracts below in case it gets deleted. I think it is gobsmackingly unbelievable!

On Monday afternoon my solicitor received a bizarre communication from Surrey police solicitors. He thought it had to do with my civil claim against them.

After some miscommunication, they sent through a bundle for a court hearing.

I am due in court tomorrow morning.

Surrey police have applied for a stalking protection order as a result of material I have posted on Twitter.

On page 1 of the bundle repeated misgendering is cited.

Here are the prohibitions they are seeking tomorrow morning.

I will be assigned an “offender manager”.

I will not be allowed to use any Social Media, Social Networking, Gaming, Dating (lol) site without this person’s written permission and having supplied them with usernames and passwords for all sites within 3 days.

In addition the following requirements are added:

1. Allow Police Officers to enter your registered address(es), between the hours of 8am and 8pm, to conduct a risk assessment, monitor devices, and manage compliance of the order.

2. Provide your Offender Manager with any mobile, digital, or internet enabled devices for examination, review, and monitoring purposes, immediately upon request. You must also your provide your Offender Manager with any access PINs, passwords, or patterns. Examinations may be completed manually on scene, or could entail them seizing your device(s) for examination by agencies contracted by the police for that purpose. Failing to disclose the existence of a device in your possession to your Offender Manager will count as a failure to comply with this condition.

3. Re-register home address every 12 months at a Police Station (within 365 days of last registration).

4. Provide your Offender Manager with list of all mobile, digital, or internet enabled devices that you own or have access to use. The list must be provided within three days of the order being granted or within three days of any changes.

The police officer says this:

I believe that while presenting a significant interference with the respondent’s privacy rights, it is an appropriate course of action in the circumstances.

Signed by Surrey Police Superintendent

“I consider that in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 8 of HRA, an interference by this force as a public authority is in accordance with the law and is necessary.”
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

That is a chilling thread!

There is no offence of misgendering someone, no crime of “causing offence” (yet…) so why are they wasting their time ? I assume Surrey has no crime ???

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Good thread from Helen Joyce. If you don't know her she's an Irish woman living in the UK, here's a bit from Wikipedia about her...
She studied as a mathematician and worked in academia before switching to journalism. Joyce began working for The Economist as education correspondent for its Britain section in 2005 and has since held several senior positions, including finance editor and international editor.
She wrote the excellent book Trans - When Ideology Meets Reality. She is a director of the group Sex Matters which advocates basically on behalf of the reality and relevancy of sex (male and female).

Anyway she is coming to address Seanad Eireann today about the ludicrous Hate Speech Bill which will now come before it having been passed by the Dail.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:43 am Good thread from Helen Joyce. If you don't know her she's an Irish woman living in the UK, here's a bit from Wikipedia about her...

She wrote the excellent book Trans - When Ideology Meets Reality. She is a director of the group Sex Matters which advocates basically on behalf of the reality and relevancy of sex (male and female).

Anyway she is coming to address Seanad Eireann today about the ludicrous Hate Speech Bill which will now come before it having been passed by the Dail.

Excellent thread and great to see so many normal people supporting her - straight, gay, the genuinely transsexual - all of whom will suffer from this law.

If it goes ahead I do look forward to reminding the pronoun displaying, five identity nutter I work with that her stern email saying that I upset her for accidentally using her not they caused me offence - and the Gardai will be around to see her soon. That’s but a stitch in her giddy up!!!

Helen’s book “Trans” is next up on my reading list.

JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

This is messing with my head at this stage. Politicians voting in support of this stuff is giving me a stress headache.

The Emperors New Clothes. Lots of Emperors. Every single naked one of them can very clearly be identified as a man or a woman by the crowd. And deep inside, even if we won’t say it, we’re all laughing.

Not laughing at the mental anguish and suffering of the individual. But laughing at the madness of being told that ‘Jane (She/Her)’ with the cock, balls and adams apple is a woman, and that it’s against the law to say otherwise.

Shine a light on a pile of shite, and no matter what you tell me I have to do, there’s no way I’m stepping in it. And this is a great big floodlit hot steaming mess. No. They can all go ask my manly bollix.

Give me strength. I’m going to get locked up eventually.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Yeah, I will go to prison too before I deny the truth my brain knows full well. They might have to convert some of their modular constructions into jails for people who know what is male and female.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:43 am Yeah, I will go to prison too before I deny the truth my brain knows full well. They might have to convert some of their modular constructions into jails for people who know what is male and female.
Lock me up and throw away the key tbh!!!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

They didn't vote against it in the Dáil, but have Sinn Féin been told by some of their voters that this will not stand..?

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

🤨

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Una Duce Una Voce, my friends. You can't express opinions that are against the "common good". Line up, get your common good shots right here.

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Need we ask who's common good are we talking about :roll: ;)
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its laughable with all this new shite being enforced on people. I dont need laws put down in the constitution to tell me how to treat people .

My parents did that for me when I was old enough to understand. Thanks to them I have always treated folk with respect, and would never offend their dignity in any way. I was taught that women have a special place for us as mothers, partners and wives.

All that has gone south for a lot of society today, and we need to be woke??
Woke up more like and recognise this crap for what it is. I think I will buy a few of these Tee shirts. :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 20-32-47 Men's Henley Shirt Graphic Tee Cool Shirt Graphic Prints Letter Print Old People Henley Hot Stamping Street Vacation Short Sleeve Print Clothing Apparel Fashion Designer Basic 2023 - € 23.99.png
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 20-32-47 Men's Henley Shirt Graphic Tee Cool Shirt Graphic Prints Letter Print Old People Henley Hot Stamping Street Vacation Short Sleeve Print Clothing Apparel Fashion Designer Basic 2023 - € 23.99.png (275.08 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

isha wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:41 pm Una Duce Una Voce, my friends. You can't express opinions that are against the "common good". Line up, get your common good shots right here.

God she is an evil evil evil f*cking c*unt...
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Avey Terrible wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:39 pm I honestly thought that was hilarious.
he/him

Thats all you need to know about the slavering mentally ill cretin
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:41 pm he/him

Thats all you need to know about the slavering mentally ill cretin
Hey, I don't like those particular words that you've used. You're far right.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

JayZeus wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:58 am

Give me strength. I’m going to get locked up eventually.
Not enough room for all of us!
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Refreshing to see gript asking adversarial questions of the government. McEntee needs to be called out on her bullshit.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:36 pm God she is an evil evil evil f*cking c*unt...
Though I can be tempted to think that way, I try not to. I honestly think these people think they are right, that they are moral beacons. They are very heavily invested in the genderborg idea - they truly believe the protection of the gendered soul trapped in the incorrectly sexed body is the same fight for freedom that gay people had about their sexual orientation. In my opinion there have absolutely nothing in common. But I don't underestimate the passionate hatred the gender theorists feel towards people who say sex is real, relevant and immutable. They think we are savages. We have to win not by calling them names ( as they do us) but by using logic and reason.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:15 am Refreshing to see gript asking adversarial questions of the government. McEntee needs to be called out on her bullshit.

While I can still say it without penalty - she is one absolute fcking imbecile who should be shot with balls of her own shite.