Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Elon Musk buys 100% of Twitter

The burning issues of the day

Re: Elon Musk buys 100% of Twitter

Post by 95438756 »

^^^TLDR

get your theme though.

Beau gets Musk in a slightly more concise frame
KHD

Post by KHD »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:29 am ^^^TLDR

get your theme though.

Beau gets Musk in a slightly more concise frame
You know what just popped into my head about Musk's takeover of twitter ? The amount of data he has at his disposal. He must be privy to a lot of secrets now.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Nothing that's not already known yet but keep an eye for anything juicy.

KHD

Post by KHD »

Lol

KHD

Post by KHD »

KHD

Post by KHD »

KHD

Post by KHD »

Anyway it keeps on coming, you can follow this guy to see what he's releasing on behalf of Musk.

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

KHD wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:24 am Anyway it keeps on coming, you can follow this guy to see what he's releasing on behalf of Musk.

Have listened to Matt Taibbi on a number of occasions and he always comes across as well grounded with good arguments.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Called it.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Can’t wait!
KHD

Post by KHD »

I couldn't help but think of twitter when I watched this John Cleese clip. I take it this is from the 70s ? As this twitter lad says still relevant in today's world of social media. Worth a listen.

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

BBC finally get one right.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm just at the moment listening to my first Twitter spaces conversation. I will try to link it, but don't know if I will be able. It took place in the last few hours. It has Eliza Bleu speaking, plus this guy Andrea, who works in cybersecurity, and a woman called Ella Irwin who has taken over the role of ensuring child sex abuse material is taken off Twitter.
Few things I notice. People like Ella have a small enough twitter following compared to famous people. What they do attracts too little attention. There is almost no global media coverage of this incredibly disturbing and important story. These people are doing a job I could never do. If I saw even a hint of child sex abuse material it would be the end of me, but these people are having to handle this evil all day long.

The thing is that the older management allowed the teams handling this issue to dwindle to ineffective, and they often removed just a tweet rather than ban a user who had shared CSAM. How can that possibly be?

It sickens my guts to see celebrities announcing their rage flounces from the platform now that they have to share it with people who for example questioned destructive lockdowns or state the fact that human beings cannot change sex, but who were fine to be there when the place was not only infested with child sex abuse material but it was essentially tolerated. Even advertising was appearing alongside abuse materials.

Anyway some links if people are interested.

This is link to the conversation I mentioned
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

KHD

Post by KHD »

This might interest you unknown, the former head of trust at Twitter, Yoel Roth. Not sure if he was being sarcastic or actually being honest. Don't know much about this guy but thought I'd post it for your thoughts on it.

PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

She's back

Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:55 am She's back

Well holy God......
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I used to think nothing much about Gemma O Doherty, she was not on my radar. Now I think from what little I have seen of her that she is an utter fruitcake and incredibly annoying to listen to for even a minute. She did some interesting investigative journalism years ago re that priest who was killed - Fr Niall Molloy. But she is unbearable now. Not that I think she should be banned or whatever - I have a choice over who I listen to, or read - I don't need Twitter or any platform to spoon feed me what they think I can handle. Even if she is correct about some of the covid stuff, I don't care for her delivery. I won't be going anywhere near her. But let those who love her knock themselves out.

On Yoel Roth - it's so weird. He was Twitter's Global Head of Trust and Safety. That is an incredibly important and, I'm sure, very well paid role. He is only 35, and has been working at Twitter for 7 years. Just over 2 years of that he has been in this senior role which would have had so much power to determine what is to be censored and what is not.
He has a PhD from the University of Pennsylvania. He has really studied social media platforms and data and privacy etc. But I have seen screenshots of his older Tweets (during and post his doctorate study years) - I guess from 11 and 12 years ago, when he would have been mid 20s, so maybe there is something to be said for excusing him on the grounds of youthful impetuosity?...Also maybe his is a case of battling monsters and gazing too long into the abyss and finding the abyss is gazing back at him.
yoel 2.png
yoel 2.png (45.79 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
yoel.jpg
yoel.jpg (110.62 KiB) Viewed 1213 times

Post by 95438756 »

Also maybe his is a case of battling monsters and gazing too long into the abyss and finding the abyss is gazing back at him.{/QUOTE]^^^^Pretty much
KHD

Post by KHD »

Feckin hell Isha, yer man is 9ne sick puppy. Didn't see any of those tweets before.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

KHD wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:46 am This might interest you unknown, the former head of trust at Twitter, Yoel Roth. Not sure if he was being sarcastic or actually being honest. Don't know much about this guy but thought I'd post it for your thoughts on it.
Yoel Roth has been going viral recently but I hadn’t heard of him before the Musk acquisition. It seems he was the head of the safety team, very woke altogether(which as we all know with these positions is the prerequisite) and more importantly had weekly meetings with the FBI. This is how the government agencies control the narratives, this was there in to social media. I would say he was the very definition of a “useful idiot”.

Honestly all this pedo type stuff is shocking to me and is more akin to the kind of stuff you hear about from qanon. Maybe I have just not being paying enough attention, recently armed antifa were defending transgender children’s story times. Antifa are just the military wing of the woke, the IRA to Sinn Fein. I have to believe he really believes this stuff that you’ve posted because when it appears on shows like Tucker Carlson’s tonight instead of everyone saying “wait; this isn’t right” they instead call it far right propaganda being shared by people who hate trans people. Instead of libsoftiktok getting recognition for good work exposing grooming, they get banned and silenced into submission instead. This is the type of work Roth promoted and oversaw. Head of safety, what a joke.

An interesting note is that the “The Babylon bee” were suspended permanently(Orwellian language) for misgendering a military general who looks cartoonish. This is what apparently kicked off Musk’s bid to takeover twitter in the first place. The same misgendering that is happening all across the woke media as we speak to Mx. aldrich, the perpetrator of the club q massacre.

Edit: Mx. Aldrich not Max.
Last edited by knownunknown on Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:55 am She's back
It’s interesting how they often worked backwards, finding people to ban first and the reasons to do so second. This is the type of bias that everyone was talking about.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:49 pm

Honestly all this pedo type stuff is shocking to me and is more akin to the kind of stuff you hear about from qanon.

Have to say my reflex reaction about pedo stuff is to disbelieve - it's qanon, pizzagate etc, like you said. A long while ago I listened to and read a couple of books by Jason Horsley, the lesser known brother of the more famous Sebastian Horsley, who has an autistic obsession with the hidden paedophilia behind elite circles, mainly because he claims he experienced it himself as a child in a wealthy Fabian family.

In spite of reading that kind of thing, I feel it is easy and terribly effective to throw around the weird accusations so I'm hesitant to believe them. Recently, however, I have been on a bit of an adventure listening to Whitney Webb. She has just written a book on Epstein. Now, maybe someone is going to tell me she's a raving loodelah ( maybe she is!)... but what she strikes me as is a really smart, encyclopaedic, nerdy young woman who has done an extraordinary amount of research and has found a lot of source material in official places. Which will be completely ignored by polite society. She talks about the sexploitation and debased corruption and financial wrongdoing and blackmail that has been going on for decades behind the scenes in high politics globally.

So, I dunno. Paedophilia certainly exists, unfortunately. And maybe there are an unexpectedly disproportionate number of paedophiles in powerful and influential circles including the media?
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Someone needs to tell Elon he can’t control the world.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Donie O’Sullivan is among several journalists suspended from Twitter for ‘doxing’ including New York Times and Washington post journalists. They cheered on the suspension of project veritas for exactly the same thing.