Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The rough, or the smooth? A kitchen tiles question.

Got a "How do I do..." or an "I need info on..." type of question. Post here and crowdsource the answer...
Jack The Stripper

Re: The rough, or the smooth? A kitchen tiles question.

Post by Jack The Stripper »

isha wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:04 pm Can't turn back now... the fecken things are coming up in splintery bits. One smooth exit so far. Ferfuxake. I'm bet already!! 😭🥺 Whoever laid them wAs making sure they stayed put.

To be sincere that little chisel is only a fisher price toy. Get a sds max with wide chisel. What you are at with that chisel would be like a terrier trying to ride a elephant.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:46 pm To be sincere that little chisel is only a fisher price toy. Get a sds max with wide chisel. What you are at with that chisel would be like a terrier trying to ride a elephant.
Ah now ... never underestimate the power of a woman on a mission! When we bought our French house, the whole ground floor had been covered in industrial style ceramic tiles (our local hardware was floored with exactly the same). Getting rid of them (to reveal the original terracotta squares underneath) was one of our immediate priorities.

The former MrsCR went at them with a sledgehammer; my dad went at them with an SDS drill and chisel bit. I was in charge of shifting the rubble. MrsCR cleared her areas at close to ten times the rate my dad did his. :lol:

Having said that, I did recommend isha use an SDS drill and chisel bit, but she didn't take my advice ... wimmin. :roll:
Last edited by CelticRambler on Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's done now anyway.
With the shyte tools.

Thanks for the advice.. next time.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...